Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey there again!!!

Thank you all for the well wishes! They are welcomed muchly!!! An update to my MIL - she was released from the hospital yesterday and taken by ambulance to my BIL & SIL's house where they have hospice care too. She is resting comfortably and seems to be happy with her new surroundings. She was visited yesterday by all her grandchildren who made her almost laugh according to my SIL. So we shall see what the future brings. Still saying prayers. Thanks for all yours too.

So the picture on my blog is our legacy -- that is my Mom & Dad's. From the left to right, it is my baby sis, Kathy Michelle, my brother, Kevin Joseph, me -- the oldest -- now be nice ya hear -- and my other sis, Kara Lynn (or Lynn as the family calls her because Kara and Karen were too much alike while living together but everyone else knows her as Kara). It's me, then Kev, then Lynn & Kat. There's 12 years between Kat and me. Again be nice!!!!


Kat and her hubby are the ones that moved the family (due to his job) from Ft. Lauderdale to Omaha. They love living in the heart of the country and their girls do too (that would be Margaret Amanda or Meg and Jessica Janine or JJ). Meg is my black belt niece --the youngest to ever be awarded the black belt. Yep, I'm proud of her. She's also taller than me now and you don't want to mess with her either. The next time I see JJ she will probably be taller than me too. I'll be surprised if she's not cuz she's growing like a weed!!!

I sent my pics from my southern Christmas trip to Sam's via the web. They did a nice job. Now I actually have pics to scrap. I just have to figure our what I'm doing and get them organized. At least I can actually do a book with family pics in it which is something that I haven't done in ages. It's a great thing to figure out! Hmm, I see books for Christmas next year too for the siblings. Ha, ha. I love making presentos! It's the best part.


Well I've been spending time with my MIL at my BIL & SIL's house. She is hanging in there. Hospice is a great thing. My aunt came by yesterday and did her nails. She sat for hours just taking off polish, buffing and doing her cuticles. Her nails are now au natural and look very nice! She sleeps most of the day but today the nurse said that her left lung is quiet and her right lung is good. Quiet means we think it's not working. So we will wait and see what the future brings. At least she's at home with her family and resting. I'm still learning stories about her earlier life. Will have to document it. May ask for Rosemary & Jana's help on that one. Casii you too. If you all have any ideas let me know. It would have to be a project for later on but will have to do something like my memory bears for the family. Maybe a little book of Cec. Hmm, will have to do some more thinking. Help me out will ya please?


Gonna run for now but wanted to say hi. We've made it through another weekend. It's actually Monday, MLK day. Tomorrow I will be at work out of the city and away from the masses that are swarming our capital. Sometimes it's nice to be near it but not right now. Too congested. But they will enjoy another pres being read in.


Be careful out there in the white stuff on the roads. The guy in the beamer in front of me today wasn't too lucky when he slid down the hill, into the guard rail and back up the hill. He liked it so much that he went up, turned around and went back for more -- I think the poor guy was just trying to get back where he came from off the road. He made me put it in 4 wheel drive and down a gear to go down the same hill, around the corner, up the other hill, and again just to get the mile home. It's pretty slick out there so stay inside.

Signing off for now!!

Hugssss to ya!

KTTTTT

No comments: