Sunday, November 23, 2008

Busy weekend

Well the presents are wrapped, boxed and the plan is to UPS them tomorrow. I'm hoping that they will arrive while I'm in Florida at my parents. Then I can unload them and put them under the tree that I am going to help them put up after feasting on Turkey Day. Mom & Dad have chores for me to do while there. I can't wait. No internet, no cable TV, nothing but slow pace with my Mom & Dad. When my brother, SIL and niece and nephew come over that will change. And then again when my sister, BIL, and other niece come over too. Can't wait. They have dinner planned. My brother is picking me up at the airport, it's all planned. All I have to do is leave home at 3 am drive to the airport parking lot, get picked up, get checked in and get on plane. Then it's in the pilot's hands. He'd better be communicating with the man upstairs to get the plane there safely. There is a full load counting on it.















I also took pics of projects I did in OC with Celena which I promised to post. Those are here too. The pink one is an All Girl made with canvas as front and back covers with accordian tags in between. This is a Quick Quotes design. I finished my second School Book & Thankful Book (doing the backs of the books which I didn't do the first time) which were designed by my buddy Cheryl Mezzetti. So the two School Books are going to my nieces from Nebraska. The Thankful Books will be updated with pics (hopefully after my visit) and one will be MINE and the other will go back down with me for Christmas for Mom & Dad. Thought that would be great.








































And not to let Jana and Rosemary outdo do me, I made another project (completely finished) but it must stay secret as it's a present for Christmas and I cannot post it or it won't be a secret! LOL!!! I'm also working on two autograph books for Disney for the two girls who are surprising their Grandparents and coming to Florida with their Mom & Dad for Christmas. But they don't know their piece of the secret and that is that they are going to Disney after Christmas Day. So Aunt Karen is making them two Disney books with 24 (yes count them) 24 tags to be autographed by their favorite characters to then be put into their books. The tags are done - now that's 24 for each of them so a total of 48 cut out, put on cardstock, cut, eyelets attached and put together with ribbon currently. Then I will give them many different ribbons to attach (Rosemary I think I may need another trip to the outlet!!!) and they will have their presents all done. The books won't be finished until I get back from Thanksgiving but the tags are done. Yippie. Only 24 pages apiece to do in their books now. Another what was I thinking -- well it's kind of like Ro, using up the supplies that I have overwhelming me in my room (or should I say overflowing into rooms!!!).





















I have two other projects I want to do too but will have to see if I have the time. One is a DOG book for one of the girls at work. And the other is a BOOT book -- the theme - How to decorate my boot -- she had foot surgery and my mission is to decorate her boot for the Christmas Party on the 6th. I think I have some ribbon I can use. Hmm, not sure but think I may just be able to spare it. So with that in mind, I want to take a stocking, make it a boot and show the many ways you can decorate it with pics from the party in it. We'll see. I may be biting off more than I can chew as they say.

Well now on to the pictures. My internet shut down so I'm actually posting on Monday but all this was actually accomplished between Saturday and Sunday. I was very productive. Now I must PACK for my Florida Turkey Day venture. Can't wait!!!!!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL!!!!!
CYA,
KTTTT

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Thank you for a nice read, with photos to enjoy as well. I'm going to miss you, but you're going to have so much fun. Your projects are great! You're making me wish I had some craft time right now. maybe after this weekend.

Jana said...

Those books are very nice. Thank you for putting pics up. I am all about the visual. Your nieces are so lucky to have you for an aunt. They are going to be the best autographs ever.