Thursday, February 19, 2009

Where Oh Where

did January and February go? It seems that I've been a little behind lately. I guess I'm just trying to get back into things or with things or over things. Hmmm, I'm not sure that's a realistic goal but what the hey -- it has to get better right???


Jana says that the Blizzard of 2009 never hit and then when they were making up the day and all was white, they went to school anyway. Go figure!!!

Rosemary says that change may not be the actual word that she wishes to use when describing her new found way for 2009, but change isn't a bad thing.

If we all just took what we get from within ourselves and actually listened to see what we really need or want, we could all be just a little bit happier.

Ok, so I've been going through pictures because the first full weekend in March is my crop in OC. Yeah!!! Can't wait. With all my happenings since my trips started in November and December and unexpected illnesses and losses over the last month, it's been a little draining. I think my body finally gave in and the symptoms of the cold took over. Exhaustion isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's just a sign that you need to SLOW DOWN and take care of YOURSELF! Hmm, concept not understood by Karen. Anyway do you know that if you take that Airborne stuff by actually reading the directions and following them, it works. Hey that stuff is magic. The cold subsided quickly but the exhaustion is still there. So the OC crop will be a welcome relief. But my goal for this crop is to pack only what I will actually use. (Rosemary and Jana, stop laughing. I'm gonna do it you hear me!!! I can too do it!!! I have to learn some how now don't I??)

I have three projects to work on while there:
Project One: a "HOLIDAYS" word book (five of them). Boy I will never learn now will I? That's one for me, my M&D, my brother, and two sisters too. It will be like the Thanksgiving book that I made for M&D and me. It will have pics of the family gathered for the holidays in Florida. I will make at least one of them and then "mirror" the other books for the rest of the family for presentos.
Project Two: a "Cecilia" word book (three of them). Those are to commemorate my mother-in-law's pics into word books for her three sons. At least that's the plan. My hope is to get one of those done with papers on the book itself and fill in the pics after I get them scanned in and printed out. I have to choose the right ones to fit in the book when done. So getting the papers on the pages and cracking some paint, and embossing some of it will be quite a lot to accomplish. But we will see.
Project Three: a "Cinotti" word book (for the rest of Cecilia's sisters, brother, and her nieces and nephews). That's her maiden name and I thought it would be something nice to do for all the folks I spent the time with in the hospital. We all gather together for birthdays, 4th of July parties, Christmas, etc. So we have many pictures of all the relatives growing up. Why not put some of those blackmail type pics into these books??? Hmmm, sounds like a plan to me. I don't know if I will get to this book or not but I will be doing this project this year too.

Then, Rosemary, on a whim I went to Hagerstown last Saturday. I just didn't have enough ribbon on hand! So I had to go look for more. Imagine that -- not enough ribbon. What was I thinking???? BUT I found the PERFECT ribbon for angels!!! For the Italian Catholic relatives, I am making a ribbon angel that they will (hopefully) either get at Easter or Christmas. Why the difference in the dates you say?? Well AC Moore and Michaels do not seem to stock the angel heads and arms except for at the "holiday season" and good luck finding them when they do supposedly stock them. So they have been ordered from the internet and am waiting on receipt. Will play it by ear to see if they work. I hope so.

But the angels are being made from a silver 2 1/2 inch ribbon which is called "Basilica" which has a circle with a cross in it. And the arms of the angels are out of an "Iris" ribbon which has a cross stamped on it. The ribbon actually starts as a pretty purple and fades to white then to blue. It's prettier than the description. The first angel is sitting in my room waiting to be glued down. But it looks pretty good for the very first one every made by Karen. That one will stay at my house as I try to keep the first of my projects for myself. If I can't keep the prototype then I usually don't get around to making my own.

Well I have to go but wanted to let my two faithful readers and Casii too know that I'm still around just moving very slowly. It's ok and I'm getting better but trying to catch up on lots of lost sleep. Energy levels are low and so haven't been in touch. But February is half over and March is coming. Spring is on the way. And I will be too soon.

Take care and hugs to ya all!
KTTTT...............

2 comments:

Casii said...

Aww Karen, take care of yourself! Very wise to recognize the signs your body is giving you to just rest and recharge.

You have just a few projects planned for your crop, eh? :) I salute you (and need to take a nap even thinking bout doing that much)!

Lets all play soon?

Rosemary said...

I've missed you, Karen, and I'm soooo glad you updated. Yeah, I'm okay with change for me and I'm well underway getting there. We'll get to spring, just you wait and see. You take care of yourself and don't overdo it, you're too dear to all of us!