Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cake Decorating 101 A La Karen



Being a Jack of All Trades, last night I followed up on my promise to help Celena make a rocking b-day cake for her daughter's 7th b-day party. Madison wanted to have a guitar cake like Hannah's of course. So using my cake baking supplies, Celena made a strawberry cake (pink of course you silly!!!) and traced out Madi's guitar. She then learned "how to crumb a cake", applied the icing with little tips gathered over the years from my many classes and mistakes too (because you DO learn from your mistakes) and then on to piping those shells, stars and lines too. Here's the finished product. As she said it's just A ROCKN KICK A** CAKE and being her first, I think she got an A+++++ for her project. Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

It was so nice to run into you today and hang out. I love the cake - it came out so good. what a lovely surprise for her daughter.

Jana said...

This cake ROCKS. Cool job.
Yummy too...