Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAPPY BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh so I had to figure out how to get my page to look like I'm in the spirit too! This year I actually am so because it's such a change for me, I'm sharing a photo of my Dad's decorated door. He had to pull down the mailbox frame, attach the mailbox, carry it from the garage to the front door, and then load all the little presents into the mailbox itself. This is a big thing for him because at 79 and 12 years after his stroke, we are just glad he's still here with us. So this year, all his kids are coming home (like it or not) for Christmas.

We actually set this up during our Black Friday decorating around the "T's" house in Plantation, Florida. While my brother,nephew and I were "cleaning out the garage", my sister, her hubby and daughter were decorating the outside of the house. Those pics are below in the blog. We also pulled down the tree (like that "we" cuz I had nothing to do with that as it was on a shelf in the garage over my head and I wasn't even going there so my brother & nephew did that for us), and then I spent over four hours trying to take off the lights that had been wrapped every year over the last three by Dad. They were all bunched together and we had "discussions" on why I was taking the lights off. Funny thing was that three of the four strings were dead and didn't even get put back on the tree. But we got the lights on it and it looked good too.


The bad thing was that before we could get the other boxes down (four of them) with the decorations in them, I had to fly home. So I can't wait to see the finished product on Tuesday. And I can't wait to see Mom & Dad again, my sisters and brother and all my nieces and nephew (yep only one but he's the man!).



And did I saw we were gonna eat again???? Oh yes we will!!! And OMG on QVC today they had the best looking prime rib to cook and the sampler cakes from Balboa. So guess what -- yep those are on the way to Florida too. I just love bill to/ship to. Ha, ha. So the food will probably arrive before Karen does. Oh well!!! Gotta tell the pilot to fly safe once again for me please!


Take care and Happy Christmas to all and to all a good nite. I probably won't be back on before I return. I wish you all a great holiday. Enjoy the family! I will be!!!


Take care & hugs to ya,

KTTTT

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

I'm gonna miss you, Karen, and I've already been thinking up adventures for when you get back. Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with your family. I like the mailbox decoration and I'll be the tree looks grand. Until I met David, I always thought you had to curse tree lights to work (heh heh), so you are just following a similar tradition. Safe flight, and meli kalikimaka (I know, it's Florida but you'll still be somewhere warm).

Rosemary said...

I still miss you and want to wish you a Happy New Year! Take care and get home and in touch with your friends!!!!

Jana said...

Hi Karen - I nominated you for an award. Check it out at my blog.