Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

So I got these voice mails from Rosemary asking me if I wanted to go with her and her sister to see this orchestra named the Trans-Siberian or something. Magical Mystery Tour or something. Wasn't really sure where we were going or what it was about but after figuring out my cell had been off for two days, of course I was in!!! Didn't matter where we were going, I was going with Rosemary and Cathy somewhere. So I called and said Yes I'd love to go. We met up for dinner and watched the game while eating and visiting. Then down to the Metro to meet Maryanne who actually picked up the tickets. We got on the Red Line to go to the Gallery Place and Verizon Center.



The weather wasn't bad. Not too cold and clear. They were having a little craft fair with many tents of vendors so we toured their wares while waiting to go into the show. We also walked a few blocks to the old Woodies store to see decorated windows. None at Woodies but there were some at Macy's though (see Rosemary's blog for those pics). We were disappointed as they were nowhere near the extravagant windows of the past and really don't depict "the reason for the season" because we have to be politically correct now adays! Bah humbug, there is a reason for the season and that's why it's named Christmas. We can all celebrate as we wish but give us a little break will ya??? Anyway the decorations were nice and we walked back thru the streets looking at all the very detailed architecture of the buildings that is missed by many. Wow the masonry and design in those old buildings is still beautiful to me.



Oh and we saw the SPY museum, the Wax museum, the Art museum -- all places we have to visit in the future. We have to take Metro to the Metro Center stop and just come up and play.



Well the reason for our venture was wonderful. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is like no other. The light show is phenomenal, the violin playing was excellent, guitarists too, and the drum solo -- well I don't have to say any more about that. The show went on for three hours plus. We didn't get back home til after midnight. Late nite for the girls but it was well worth it. I had a ball. Thanks Rosemary for my wonderful Christmas present, watching the show with people I love!



Hugs,

KTTTT


P.S. Oh and the ice cream cones were good too. Thanks Ro for digging deep in your wallet to find the cash to pay for the cones and drinks. You made up the majority of the cash and I'll make it up to you after the holidays! I promise!!!!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I agree with you, doesn't matter where, just that you are with someone you like spending time with.

Rosemary said...

I had a great time with you, Karen, you're a wonderful friend and always make the fun times even FUNNER!

Make up to me for the ice cream? Pshaw! Fuggedaboutit

Rosemary said...

By the way, I LIKEY the new photo for your profile!