Monday, March 9, 2009

OC Crop A Blast!!!!

So I actually worked 37.5 hours through Thursday so that I only had to work 2.5 hours on Friday and could leave to go to Cropmania's Weekend in Ocean City. I can't believe that it's already come and gone. We had an absolute blast giggling and being silly all weekend long. And the weather, wow! It was in the 80s yesterday to the point where I didn't want to come home. Sunny too down there. Absolutely gorgeous.


We walked the beach on Saturday morning after breakfast just enjoying the sun and heat while picking up shells on the sand. We watched the four legged babies running after birds, balls and other items wading in the water too. We stuck our feet in the water and then they froze! Not quite that cold but pretty damn close! LOL!!! These are the pictures of Celena, her mom, Denise, and me in my glasses too.



We played games and one was like the price is right but with scrappin goodies. They had a box of goodies that they described and said ok write down the price -- honor system now. So I said I wasn't gonna play but Celena said I'd know the prices. So I wrote down $53.95 and waited to hear how off I was. They started with anyone between $25 & $60 stand up. So lots of us stood up. Then anyone $30 or under sit down. Then anyone $55 or over sit down. Then $40 and under sit down. $45 and under sit down. Then $50 and under sit down. So there were 2 people left -- ME and another lady. So Michele said Karen what do you have & I said $53.95. Then she asked the other lady and she said $55 even. Michele kind of looked at her because she had said $55 or over sit down but this lady thought she was special and that didn't apply to her. But she lost and I won. The actual price was $54.12 - I was a mere $.07 off -- guess I do know my prices after all. So I got some more papers, magic mesh, ribbon (oh no), letter stickers and a 12 x 12 box. I packed that box with my goodies on the way home and was very happy with my winnings.

Then we took classes learning more about quilting with pictures, pretty cool too but loads of cuts which get a little tedious. Another clear acrylic book which I like very much and am doing one for a wedding present for later this summer. And an acrylic & chipboard book which I have to finish and add pictures to go on my desk at work. Then later we played games and here's pics of Celena and Dawn with hats on after they made pages and you steal the hats from others in the hopes that you are still wearing them when the bell rings. They both won too.






We did our word books. I actually finished one HOLIDAYS book, glued another one completely with papers and cut out the other four books too. Didn't get to the CECILIA or CINOTTI books but that's ok cuz I got quite a good start on the HOLIDAYS books for my sisters, brother & Mom & Dad for this year's presents. Pretty good too. Pics are here for your viewing. The embellishments have yet to be added but I'm proud that I got the book completed. Now come ribbons (oh no Rosemary do we need to go to Hagerstown???) and journaling (yes I plan on doing that too) and tags too.



I got all my pictures scanned in and put on CDs as well as some copies of my Glenda book copied and printed digitally on 12 x 12 pages so I can have my OWN book of Glenda while returning hers to her family. All in all my little project that I estimated originally to be about 50-100 pictures, then increased to approximately 300 pictures was way underestimated. I actually had -- are you ready??? are you sitting down??? you'd better sit and make sure you are fully in your chair!!!! cuz the final count was 2460 pictures scanned in for me. Now that doesn't count the 12 x 12s and other fixed photos they did. The only thing I did estimate right was the price. I'm happy to say that I now have the photos plus others of my own scanned on 10 CDs and it was all worth every penny.











Letters are embossed and/or crackle painted with Tim Holtz products. The entire book comes in pieces of cardboard and separate letter. You must assemble the entire book yourself. It's quite a cool project and comes out fantastic. But it is lots of love in this project.



The papers were Daisy D's and Creative Imaginations from my collection of Christmas papers. These are from many years of collecting so they may be last year's models but I don't care because they came out great together. I love mine and I'm sure my family will too.












Can't wait to finish the CECILIA and CINOTTI books too now that we had those pics all scanned in. I will have many to choose from and the family gets to tell us who is who. This too will be a fun family project.
Well GTG. It's time for beddy bye!!! Good nite to all my loyal readers. Have sweet dreams!
Hugs to ya,
KTTT.......................














































2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I am jealous because you sound like you had so much fun and got so rested and basically enjoyed yourself thoroughly and I'm delighted to hear that. You needed a fun weekend of play. Congrats on the projects you completed - over 2,000 pics scanned? WOOOOOOWWWWW

Casii said...

Wow, you really did work it! I'm not surprised you would win. When I was at 7th St, you probably could come behind the counter and checked yourself out; you were so 'in the know'! :)