Monday, October 6, 2008

Another project post for my loyal readers

























all two of you!!!!!






This is the BELIEVE book that I made for Carolyn after her original card (I will find that pic too and add later Jana just so you get inspired!!!). Ha, ha!!! Anyway I took the Bo Bunny book which has been done up in Christmas and Disney type layouts by others and made one for Carolyn to capture all the quotes, stories, well wishes and pictures she had on her CARE PAGES to get her in the spirit to FIGHT BREAST CANCER knowing that she had others with her all the way! I wanted to take all the wishes and put in a format that she could carry with her and pick up and see that we all remember her a little bit each day and wish her well in her journey to get better. So it was truly a project of love with much thought and organization (yeah that was the hard part for me...) to put it all together and make it all work.








I loved the result and she did too. She sent me back a note immediately upon receipt that she could not "B-E-L-I-E-V-E" what just came in the mail. She made MY day with that and went into more about how much it meant to her. I'm a mush and love doing this type stuff really more than for me. Who would have thought?! But she has carried it with her and shown it to her friends at the treatment center. They have all decided that I need to go into business and she wants to back me. Ha, ha.











She finished her chemo and had surgery on August 1 and IS CANCER FREE NOW. So congrats to Carolyn and stay on that road to recovery (see my post below with the bra and card as that was to reward her for her journey almost being done thru last radiation treatments in September).









Oh and see the last page with the ribbon, it's made with all her thumbnail pics on her web site all put together to make the ribbon. All the little tabs of paper with ribbons are all well wishes left on her CARE PAGE. We can send messages and thoughts and virtual presents and those are all in the book too! All her Pics are all downloaded from her CARE PAGE along with her updates all printed and put to writing in her BELIEVE book. All to remember she has many supporters and she's our WARRIOR WOMAN!!!! She's the one in the pink wig on the "E" page above (with those big blue eyes which never changed--smiling though it all!!!) Her two friends are on the back of the "B" too in same wig. She wore that wig on her last chemo treatment in July. All those that went with her (and drank champagne) ALL wore PINK wigs. They were quite the talk of the center -- and got applause too on the last treatment. My WARRIOR WOMAN she is!!!









Enjoy!!! I sure did making it!





KTTTTT

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

This is lovely, truly a labor of love from one friend to another. You are something else, lady. I really love this.

Jana said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love this book. Very clever the way you have added the messages. Carolyn is a lucky lady to have you as such a thoughtful friend.