Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cropmania OC Crop












WOW!!! I actually went to a crop for a weekend and cropped. We took ONE class and made a Word Book of our choice. It was great. Yep, that's right----ONLY ONE CLASS for the whole weekend. The rest of the time was creating our own pages, projects, books, etc. Half of our table was GREAT. Of course that included Celena and me and Tracy and Trudy who we met from Bel Air. The other folks... well let's just say they were nice when they needed something but we didn't fit into their plans. So we spoke when required and giggled and smirked and worked the rest of the time on our projects. Celena finished her Haunted Castle, quite a few 12 x 12 page layouts, her Aruba Word Book (which was great by the way) and a few other things too. She actually brings photos to use in her layouts.



I finished a School book, a Fall Book and an All Girl book that were kits waiting to be finished. All are my altered type small book projects which I love doing. Hopefully those will be Christmas presents for my nieces this year. That's the plan anyway. I just don't have any pics to put in them so they will have to add their own!

Cropmania's October Crop began at 3:30 Friday afternoon and went through 3 pm Sunday afternoon at the Clarion Hotel in Ocean City. Celena and I had been planning this trip for many months. We left work half day and dropped off my truck at her house. She drove because she cannot ride across the Bay Bridge. She has to have control driving over the bridge. She did GREAT!!! We went through Delaware stopping in Bridgeville at SONIC for lunch. I've never been to SONIC. They have drinks to die for. I got a cherry limeade on way down and cranberry limeade on way back. The cranberry version was my favorite to date. After eating there, we left and went on to OC. We arrived around 4:30 ish, unloaded all the scrappin gear in the ballroom at the table and then on to check in too. Our room was 1107. It was a very nice room with a view of the ocean.

Hey imagine this one girls -- going to a crop, actually getting stuff done AND being able to LEAVE ALL YOUR SUPPLIES, TOOLS, ETC. AT THE TABLE AND THEY ARE SAFE!!!!! Yeah that's what I said!!!! Very cool. Maybe we need to look into this one next year huh Ro & Jana??? There is supposed to be one in Deep Creek next year. There is one in March back at same place in OC. Can you come???? Sign in begins November 1st at 6 am and we already signed up! Think about it. My ultimate favority scrappin and the beach! WOW!!!

And we played games. You complete a page and get the hat. If you are wearing the hat when the cow bell sounds, you get a prize. We didn't win. Don't know why. See pic!!!







But had great time nonetheless. No pressure, lots of good karma, met many really nice people and only a few not so nice. Oh and one lady from GASC was there running into everyone in her wheelchair. You'd know the one! She'd run into you, make it seem like it was your fault and then do it all over again later!!! We'd just play with her. I don't think she even realizes or cares but she can really hurt someone with her chair. Unfortunately, I'd just fall onto her lap so she'd probably only do it once to me!!! Ha, ha!!!
Lots of neat ideas, lots of sharing of ideas, smiles, giggles, sassy little comments, and just plain ol down right FUN!!!! Michele and Teresa put on quite a show. Look them up at Cropmania.com. It's totally worth every penny.

And I didn't even tell you about the food......
Got to run. More to post later.
Hugs,
KTTTT

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I missed you and you looked like you had lots of fun! Don't let the UN-fun people get you down. Every crop seems to have at least one of them. I think I remember who the run over you lady is!