Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yesterday at Eye Docs

Ok so I spent yesterday afternoon at my local eye docs getting examined for new contacts and glasses. Since I can't have Lasik or PRK done, then plastic will be the way to make my vision back to a wonderful 20/20. So we went from one computerized machine to another for about a total of four (all of which I had done multiple times over the last month). Hopefully all those results matched. But then came the dreaded yellow eyes - the drops that make your eyes glow and numb at the same time. Then he prodded again. Boy do they ache again today! But it's all worth the end result. After putting in the drops to dilate the pupils we went out to pick out eyeglass frames. Have you ever tried to pick out frames where you have to take your glasses off to put on new ones? Well when you do that, your vision also goes away with your normal glasses. Ha, ha! So after walking around with a mirror about two inches from my nose looking at each frame I tried on, the doc finally felt sorry for me. He gave me a pair of contact lenses to put in my eyes so I could actually see the frames. Boy what a difference that was!!! So I chose a pair of teal Calvin Klein (very cool!) frames. I'm getting the high index lenses (that means less coke bottle effect and lighter still) with scratch resistance and glare protection in them too. I also chose a pair of pink titanium frames (very neat too) for sunglasses (yes prescription too). So I will be able to see and look good too! My lenses are being ordered to see what turns out to be the best fit for my eyes. But right now, I have the lenses in from yesterday. My drive in today was full of surprises. I read license plates, saw the leaves on the trees in detail, read road signs, saw lots of little things that I haven't noticed before with my bad lenses. So I guess it really does pay to stay with the docs and get your eyes examined regularly. Don't do what I did and let it lapse as you miss out on too many great things to see! Even without the surgery, I'm happy with what I can now see back to a 20/20 view. It's very cool! And the people on the road with me are now safer (well that's relative but I can see them better anyway)! That's all I know for today but wanted to share my eye story. It's kind of fun! Take care, KTTTT

1 comment:

Jana said...

You'll have to post a pic with your new specs.